Life Planning deals with Family Law, family-related topics within marriages, civil unions, domestic partnerships and same-sex couples in Arkansas.
Lauro Law represents clients in a variety of additional Family Law Life Planning areas, giving each client the full attention deserved. We provide legal service and advice to clients in areas such as:
- Surrogacy - Lauro Law offers its representation to intended parents and surrogates in both traditional and gestational surrogacy situations. When you are considering the use of a surrogate to help you grow your family, it is extremely important that you have the assistance of an attorney who knows what level of details need to be included in your surrogacy contract.
- Guardianships (Adult and Minors) - Our law firm can provide professional guidance through this process and work to get a guardian appointed for your loved ones who require ongoing help and assistance. Many times Guardians for minors are grandparents, aunts, uncles, other relatives or close friends of the family. In lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) relationships, when a natural parent passes away, the surviving partner can petition for legal guardianship of any minor children.
- Living Wills and Healthcare Proxies (Advanced Health Care Directives) - Lauro Law can assist you in developing a set of written instructions that specify what actions should be taken for your health if you are no longer able to make decisions due to illness or incapacity. In addition we can help you create the instructions to appoint someone to make such decisions on your behalf.
- HIPAA Releases - Our experienced staff can assist you with formalizing the documents required to identify family or friends who are involved with your healthcare or the healthcare of your minor child and allow those persons to obtain requested healthcare information from healthcare professionals, agencies and hospitals.
- Hospital Visitation Authorizations - Lauro Law can create a document that instructs your doctors, care providers and hospital staff, who is allowed and given priority to visit you if you are hospitalized. Many hospitals only allow biological or legal family members to visit a patient in the hospital unless you have a hospital visit authorization.
- Hospital & School Authorizations - We can produce legal documents to insure that other family members or friends can consent to emergency medical treatment or deal with schools for your children, if you are not available.
- Powers of Attorney - Lauro Law can construct and notarize a document that gives another person authority to act on your behalf. The authority may be general, giving that person broad power to make decisions, or limited, giving them the power to do one or more specific things. It is called “durable” when, by its terms, it remains effective even if the principle becomes mentally incompetent. A principal can make the power of attorney effective immediately or at some later date or event, such as when the principal becomes incapacitated. Under most circumstances, a properly executed general durable power of attorney avoids the need for a court-appointed guardian or conservator.
- Funeral Arrangement Authorizations - Our staff can assist you with creating a legal document that designates a person or persons who would take care of funeral arrangements, if you are unmarried or your spouse is not alive.
Select Family Law Terms for an extensive glossary of legal terms relating to Life Planning and Family Law in the Lauro Law Library.