Estate and Life Planning involves the development of legal documents for protecting your family and relationship during your life; property disposition upon death according to the client’s wishes; avoiding the probate process whenever possible; navigating through probate; minimizing estate taxes; and providing future income for family members after death.
The purpose of estate planning is to ensure that you and not others, such as the government, lawyers or relatives choose who will inherit your wealth, provide for your family needs or care for your children.
Lauro Law can help you and your family achieve the main goals of estate planning:
(1) Provide for and protect yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, children and others according to your principles and beliefs.
(2) Pass on your property to others based on your wishes
(3) Provide for guardianship of children who are still minors
(4) Avoid probate and the court system
(5) Reduce or eliminate estate taxes
(6) Guide you through the Probate process when necessary
Domestic partners or same-sex couples will need to do additional planning to create an appropriate and effective estate plan since many states, including Arkansas still do not recognize domestic partnerships or gay unions.
Call Lauro Law at 501-613-6529 and let us help you protect your family and assets.
Arkansas Wills & Estates statues are defined in Title 28 of the Arkansas Code located on the LexisNexis website.