A Name Change is one of the most requested legal services we provide for clients. If you are considering legally changing your name we are here to help you.
We have extensive experience successfully assisting clients through this process.
Lauro Law's Proven Name Change Process*
Following our initial contact and discussion:
- Lauro Law will send you our Fee Agreement and questionnaires
- You will need to review and sign the Fee Agreement and return with your payment (This is required prior to Lauro Law beginning work on your Name Change)
- You will need to complete, sign and return the questionnaires (This is necessary to obtain information needed to complete your court documents)
- We will develop all court required documents - petition, affidavit and order and send you the appropriate court documents that need your signature
- You will need to review these documents and sign the affidavit in the presence of a notary public and have it notarized. Lauro Law can provide this service at no additional cost.
- You will need to return these documents
- We will review, finalize, and file the appropriate court documents
- The court will then review all documents. The court may request additional or clarifying information.** If this is necessary, Lauro Law will work with you to provide the court with the information requested and update court documents.
- When the court approves the name change they will send Lauro Law certified copies of your name change court order
- We will produce and send you with an Individualized Detailed Roadmap along with the certified copies of your name change court order. The Roadmap is for you to use to get all your identity documents changed
Lauro Law, PLLC can assist you if you need help with having these documents updated, however there may be additional fees and costs required.
* Procedure may change or courts may change their requirements without notice.
** If the court requires a hearing on your name change, additional costs will be required for Lauro Law, PLLC to continue working with you on this matter. Our standard hourly rate will apply. Hearings are not normally required on name changes, however, it is at the discretion of the court.